In-Person Event Rules
- Entrants must run on the approved course as directed and must not accept outside assistance.
- Entrants must accept any marshal, event volunteer, organiser or judge’s decision as final.
- Race numbers must be securely attached to the front of the entrant’s upper clothing and must be clearly displayed at all times or the entrant may be considered as having abandoned the race. All results and times will be processed as per the entrant’s race number.
- No competitor will be awarded an event placing unless they are wearing an event number on the front of their upper body, visible throughout the entire event.
- No competitor deemed to have received outside assistance will be eligible for official placings or prizes.
- Officials, including but not limited to course marshals, drink station attendants and road traffic control personnel have the authority to disqualify or remove entrants from the course. Failure to obey the direction of an official will result in disqualification.
- The event organisers reserve the right to reject or cancel any entry in any event at any time, particularly in the case of but not limited to weather conditions that may make the event dangerous. In any circumstances where cancelation is necessary due to safety concerns, entry fees will not be refunded, and recompense will not be granted to entrants for any other consequential loss.
- For your safety and that of those round you, Dover Fun Run advises against wearing iPods with headphones or other personal audio devices. A safe runner is fully aware of their surroundings.
- Cyclists and roller skaters are not permitted to enter or accompany the race. Pets are not permitted for safety reasons.
- Race organisers reserve the right to alter without notice any rules or conditions governing the event.
COVID-19 Safety Management
- There will be 1 drink station at the half way mark of the 10 km run and water will be available at the start/finish line for the 10 km/5 km race.
- No refilling of water bottles will be allowed.
- 2km runners must bring their own water/drinks.
- Sanitizer will be available throughout the event.
- Participants will be required to maintain 1.5 metres distance from others wherever practical.
What can you do to help us all to keep safe:
- If you are feeling unwell (such as sore throat, runny nose, fever, tiredness), do not attend the event at all.
- Cover your coughs or sneezes. Spitting is explicitly banned.
- Avoid intentional physical contact, such as shaking hands and patting backs.
- Avoid touching your face, nose and mouth.
- Do your best to follow appropriate physical distancing measures and be respectful of other participants.
- Bring along enough drinks for your hydration needs.